
Just few days before the festival, I was thoroughly disappointed since I'll be alone this time here in Toronto and Bhavana/Shibani at Bangalore and we are not celebrating any festivals together. I had just then got the good news that Shibani did pretty well in Maths exams and I believe Bhavana had been to my parents house in Bangalore where they all celebrated together. My joy knew no bounds when Archana invited me to join them for the Ganapathi puja in their house.

Pach & Archana had decorated the small puja place and it was all setup by the time I came to their house. We did the puja and listened some good Ganapathi songs on our laptop. See the pic of Saanvi in the traditional dress here.
Later, it was cooking time and Archana was getting ready for the naivaidya. She had prepared Modakas which I believe is deity's favorite. We did puja and then followed by a fabulous lunch. I had a pleasure of eating atleast 5 Modakas myself. Thanks for Archana's generous serving and Pach not liking sweets as much as I do ;)
Evening, we went to Siva-Vishnu temple in Rivalda/Sheppard/Weston road. The temple was small in size but we went at the right time when they were decorating the lord and maha-mangalarathi was being done. Saanvi was totally dazzled by the Temple bells that were ringing non-stop and she clinged onto me tightly. We came back home after the visit. It kept me busy and happy the whole day which otherwise, I would have been in sad state and sleeping at home !
No comments:
Post a Comment